Taylor County Communities of Florida

Bringing the residents and friends of Taylor County Florida together.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Now you can quickly find local resource links on the TCCFL Forum

Share | 

Feds invade our buying choices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
harmony

PostSubject: Feds invade our buying choices   Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:07 pm

So the story goes....

WASHINGTON -- It's the end of the traditional crib that has cradled millions of babies for generations.

The government outlawed drop-side cribs on Wednesday after the deaths of more than 30 infants and toddlers in the past decade and millions of recalls.

It was a unanimous vote by the Consumer Product Safety Commission to ban the manufacture, sale and resale of the cribs, which have a side rail that moves up and down, allowing parents to more easily lift their child from the crib.

Don't we already have laws in place for companies to recall items that the protection agency deems dangerous or faulty? Personally, I don't think the government should completely BAN these cribs.

As an informed person I think I should have the choice to buy the cribs (new or Used) if I so choose.
I wouldn't rank this issue as an equal to the Pro Life/Choice debates, but don't we have enough common sense to look into a products details and safety standings before we buy it? Do we need the government making more decisions and choices for us?

All my kids slept in drop-side cribs. My daughter is having a baby later this year and now won't be able to get a drop-side crib. Really what is the world coming to?
Back to top Go down

Feds invade our buying choices
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1